Mardi Himal (Nepali: मर्दी हिमाल) is a 5,587-metre (18,330 ft.) peak beneath the much more prominent Machapuchare in the Annapurna region of Nepal, from which it is separated by a 5,200 meters (17,060 ft.) col. It was first summited in 1961 by Basil Good fellow.
In 2012, the Mardi Himal Trek was opened, following a ridge towards the summit, with lodges and teahouses open to an elevation of 3,550m, with a further climb to “Base Camp” at 4,500m. The peak itself is classified by the Nepalese government as a “trekking peak” and is offered by many expedition companies. The trek starts from the beautiful city of Pokhara and follows the route through the villages of Damphus and Pothana, passing through dense forests of oak, rhododendron, and bamboo. The trail then heads towards the Mardi Himal Base Camp, which is located at an altitude of 4,500 meters, offering stunning views of the Mardi Himal, Annapurna South, and Himchuli peaks.
Day 1:Arrive TIA airport,1300m
Arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu, Nepal, 1300m through custom department you will come out to exit gate, our representative will standby with your name tag in white board, we will get recognized by your hand-up, he/she will greet you, then along with him/her, you will get transferred to the Thamel area in the 3 Star hotel with good take care, comfortable environment, hospitality and services. After having rest for sometimes, we will call in your room for further discussion, whenever you get ready, our team will be waiting down in the hotel’s lobby, we will start our general meeting & introduction with Guide of our team.
Day 2:Fly to Pokhara,820m
You will fly to Pokhara with our guide from TIA Domestic Airport within favorable time, the airlines will be either Buddha airlines or Yeti airlines depend upon the us, as soon as you land to Pokhara you will get transferred to hotel or homestay too depend on your choice. You will be staying at Lakeside, you will meet rest of the team in Pokhara and do preparation for the treks.
Day3: Drive to Phedi and trek to Deurali 2200m 4-5 hours
We start the trek today with excitement and we will listen to our guide, we drive 30-40 minutes to Phedi and start an uphill trail through the forest, we will pass a small village, enjoying green beauty along with the trail. And stay overnight in Pritam Deurali. Guide will mention time for wake up and breakfast, starting time for the next day.
Day4:Deurali to Badal Dada 2900m 7-8 hours
We wake up, have breakfast and move forward. The trail will be uphill forest way and you will experience the best hike to Badal Dada. Overnight stay at Badal Dada. This takes us 7-8 hours.
Day5: Bada Dada 2900m to High Camp 3700m
We will see the best view of Machhapuchhre, Annapurna South and Himchuli, wake up and have breakfast. Hike to High Camp. This takes us 2.5 hours to 3.5 hrs. Our trail is uphill with an open sky. We relax in high camp and prepare for the next day early morning to the view point and basecamp. This takes us 6 hours to return to high camp and have breakfast.
Day6: High Camp 3700m to Base Camp 4500m to Forest camp 2900m
We wake up early in the morning, start walking in the dark for a view-point and have tea there, see the mountains, feel like you are in a great place in great time with the best moments of your life. We will go to basecamp from there. This will takes us 6 hours to return to high camp and have breakfast. Down trail to low camp to forest camp.
Day7: Forest Camp 2900m to Kalimati 1750 m to Lumre to Pokhara
We hike down to Kalimati, then to Lumre and then we drive back to Pokhara. We will have a wonderful night by the lakeside
Day8: Fly back to Kathmandu 1300m
We fly back to Kathmandu on this day with our representative. Transfer to hotel and shopping in Thamel.
Day9: Departure from TIA ,Kathmandu
This is our complete trip we always dream to have in our life, we learn many new things, we see the best part of the world. Our guide will drop you at TIA airport, with a smile, and some emotion, love we get in Nepal, you will take unforgettable memories with us. And you will recommend your friends, write reviews for service, provide feedback for our better development.
Cost Included for Mardi Himal Base Camp Trip
- All types of transportations as needed in itinerary like airport shuttle, flights and private jeep or same types vehicles for the treks.
- In cities, especially in Kathmandu and Pokhara, the accommodation will be 3 star category or higher as per requirement with the breakfast.
- For the trek, there are small tea houses & lodges for accommodation with breakfast, lunch and dinner and fruits.
- All tours and activities plans are guided by a well- experienced English speaking Guide.
- All entry passes during sightseeing’s, the permits(ACAP) and TIMS(Trekkers Information Management System).
- Cultural Exploration Dance with Farewell Dinner, sharing love and happiness together for a short time, joined in our family ACME ADVENTURE TREKS PRIVATE LIMITED.
- All applicable taxes.
Cost Excluded for Mardi Himal Base Camp Trip
- International airfare.
- Nepal visa fee and Insurance that need to cover rescue in the emergency while in treks, cause trekking is adventure activities.
- Meals other than breakfast in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Optional activities (e.g., paragliding) not mentioned in the itinerary.
- WIFI, Hot water, Hot shower and charging devices in the trek because of the lack of electricity in that place, cost is for solar energy.
- Personal expenses and tips, that represent the culture values especially for our staff that they work day, night to make the trip memorable and unforgettable.